For the global logistics industry, the past decade has been very historic. Over these years, the market has grown and the logistics infrastructure has significant improvements at a global level. Thanks to digitalization, companies are becoming more capable of managing logistics using ERP software in the Logistics Industry.
ERP software is a big investment, and a company has to make this investment eventually to keep pace with the technological developments happening worldwide. This decision is not just financially huge; it is an effective solution for different aspects of business, like marketing, manufacturing, human resources, accounting, etc. Let us look at some ERP key trends that we will see in 2020 and their likely influence on the logistics industry.
ERP Software Key Takeaways
- Cloud computing is going to cost more than USD 400 billion
- Staffing strategies will need reevaluation due to regular updates on ERP cloud
- ERP providers will offer solutions with better personalization as the ERP market in 2020 reaches USD 15 Billion
- Disruption cycle will become shorter
- IoT will grow and connect with various logistics solution, growing to about USD20 Billion in 2020
- Businesses will focus more on advanced ERP features.
- Roughly 90% of users of ERP systems will only realize 80% of the benefits they reap
6 Trends that will Matter the Most in Logistics Industry
- Advanced Technologies backed by Amazon – We will see improvements in reporting tools and business intelligence because of advanced solutions supported by Amazon.
- Continuous upgrades for Cloud ERP – Continuous upgrades of ERP systems will prove good because it will reduce the steep learning curve in the different system versions.
- Digital Transformations – After implementing ERP software, the business reporting process is bound to improve.
- ERP providers will offer additional personalized solutions – The ERPs will support customers by offering different customizable features.
- Flexibility due to shorter disruption cycle – ERP systems will offer users more flexibility with work, as disruptions will reduce. The new design trends in ERP will make managing logistics better in the Logistics Industry.
- More ERP users will move to cloud storage – Most ERP systems integrate with cloud storage platforms. Users will have to move towards cloud storage.
Summing It Up
Based on the details above, it is obvious that in the future, ERP users will move towards the cloud and ERP system providers offer personalized solutions. This, in turn, means that companies investing in ERP software like GLUON ERP will become more flexible and have lesser disruption cycles. The use of AI and IoT will make competition among ERP vendors tougher.