It is often said that a goal devoid of a plan is just a mare dream. In the same fashion, to do anything, one needs to plan it, or else it will end up in chaos. This is a digital world and so its problem also requires a digital solution. Recently. An ERP system helps manage the resources better in the chemical industry.
ERP stands for enterprise resource planning. Let us first discuss the main challenges to the chemical industry and then we will discuss how ERP software solution is solving it in Lahore.
Challenges to Chemical Industry
Key challenges to the chemical industry are:
· Control costs:
Chemical industry owners want to minimize the costs of their products, to more competitive. Previously costs were a bigger problem because managing material was a difficult task. For example, reducing operation costs.
· Excellence in operations:
When operations are carried without keeping resources in check, operations become disharmonized. Thus, results in making operations redundant. For example, making the production of chemicals more efficient.
· Maintain productivity:
Productivity is not limited to gain financial profit only. It means, improving in every possible sense and then maintaining the continuously improving culture for productivity in chemical industry.
· Integrate different operations:
Before digital solutions like ERP software, carrying out an operation in a proper manner was very difficult to manage. So, the integration of relative operations is another challenge the chemical industry face. Like, integrating production with material management.
· Implement business discipline:
Making business functions and operations smooth and running, without compromising on the above challenges is itself a painful process.
What an ERP System Aims to Resolve?
ERP aims to solve the following business needs of the chemical industry. Some of them are in the list below:
- Material requirement planning is a conundrum, entity resource planning (ERP) software intends to solve. Before ERP systems, it was a difficult job to keep a record of the material required. ERP enables management to check the live status of the material.
- Batch management is another obstacle, ERP can resolve. Keeping traceability of a batch product is also a problem ERP resolves.
- Order management is also something very painful to maintain. ERP makes it easy and simple too. Orders can be of customers or orders related to internal functions.
- Companies having offices at multi locations finds it difficult to keep records of all locations. ERP makes them capable to freely interact with one another. In chemical industry, this ERP connects offices at a different location to one platform.
- Some assets have a life span. Entity resource planning also keeps records of such assets. ERP also notifies when these assets will need maintenance. This is also where the costs you can save cost. If one maintains the assets before they run out, it saves a lot of time and costs, and energy.
- ERP also goes into detail about a business. It can do the costing of a product. Similarly, by doing so, it helps in controlling costs. ERP software aids in knowing where one can save costs.
- Another critical thing ERP can perform is generating reports. Reports play an important role in auditing business functions. With reports, one can deduce where the business is heading and what countermeasures we can do.
How ERP Systems do it?
ERP systems can do above all because of some qualities it has.
- Centralized System: ERP software holds a centralized database. It means the database holds records of all functions and branches at one single point. By doing so, all tasks and branches function as if they are in one place.
- Integration business functions: As it is discussed that ERP software offers a digitalized or centralized solution to conventional analog problems in Lahore. It is evident by the previous statement that one can simply know the current situation of all procedures. Hence, it incorporates integration into business functions.
- Real-time updates: ERP systems provide run time updates of inventory or resources. If a resource is short or near to threshold, the company can put the order for its timely availability. Furthermore, the system uploads all business functions, thus everyone has the same data. That means, solutions or decisions will be more accurate and timelier.
- Enhanced productivity: Because of up to date information, productivity also increases. For example, if one can make things available at times when needed, that one can be more productive than one who needs to very each and everything manually, along with verification time it needs.
- Tracking: In ERP systems, tracking of material and resources is quite easy. Thus, one can assume that it will actively reduce redundancy in the process.
- Cost-effective: When you get to know everything that is present and resources that are in short supply. You only get to increase those specific resources, in contrast to assumingly ordering resources. Similarly, when costing is done for a product, one can also reduce it by pushing it to mass production and cutting the cost of dead modules.
By the above read, it is evident and proven that modern problems require modern solutions. Well, a company call Gluon does build custom ERP. Visit them, in case you want a suggestion for building one for your company.